VEGAN BURRITO BOWL
This finely spiced HARVEST GOURMET® Plant-Based Burger is flavor-filled, juicy and also easy to prepare. With this inviting vegan option, you can offer your diners the full burger experience without compromising on taste or texture.
- 0:50 Time to table
- 8 Portions
Submitted by Daryna Kos on Thu, 06/24/2021 - 03:27
HARVEST GOURMET® Sensational Burger - 2 patties
1 (200g) small sweet potato, peeled and cut into wedges
1 tbsp olive oil, plus 1 tsp, extra
1 tsp fennel seeds
1½ cups (180g) frozen peas
1 cup (80g) red cabbage, sliced thinly
1 lemon, juiced
100g store bought precooked brown rice and quinoa
400g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 tbsp moroccan seasoning
1 (150g) medium tomato, cut into wedges
1 cup (20g) baby spinach
2 tbsp hummus
sesame seeds (toasted) and pomegranate to garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan forced. Grease and line an oven tray with baking paper. In a mixing bowl drizzle sweet potatoes with oil, add fennel seeds. Bake for 20 – 25 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Add 2 cups (500mL) of water to a medium sauce pan, bring to the boil. Add peas; cook for 1 minute. Drain and rinse under cold water. Reserve.
- In a medium mixing bowl add cabbage, lemon juice. Reserve.
- Heat brown rice and quinoa according to packet instructions. Reserve.
- Heat a medium frying pan with extra oil on medium heat and fry chickpeas with Moroccan seasoning for 2- 3 minutes. Reserve.
- Cook HARVEST GOURMET® Sensational Burger according to packet instructions. Cut into strips.
- Divide reserved sweet potato, peas, cabbage, quinoa, chickpeas, HARVEST GOURMET® Sensational Burger, tomatoes, spinach into two bowls and top with hummus. Garnish with sesame seeds and pomegranate.
- You can cook your HARVEST GOURMET® Sensational Burger on the grill, in a pan or on a hotplate.
- Customise this bowl with different vegetables and sauces