As the world’s leading Nutrition Health and Wellness Company, Nestlé has had a sugar reduction policy in place since 2007.Globally, Nestlé has committed to reducing the sugar content of children and teens’ breakfast cereal brands to 2 teaspoons or less per serve by 2015.
However, in Australia these cereals already meet or exceed these global targets. Product renovations between 2008 – 2011 have led to 90 tonnes less sugar across our total Australian breakfast cereal range. Nestlé is committed to continued sugar reduction within its total portfolio with the aim of reducing all higher sugar products by 10% by 2016.
In Australia, Nestlé is encouraging responsible consumption of indulgence foods with the introduction of on pack guidance on appropriate portions, starting with confectionery.
- Nestlé Policy on Sugars Jan 2014
- Nestlé in Society. Creating shared value and meeting our commitments 2013
- Confidential communication: Cereal Partners Australia: Renovations and innovations for 2011
- Renovations & Innovations in our Australian breakfast cereals: 2008-2013. Cereal Partners Worldwide (CPW) May 2013
- Nestlé Australia. Serving up new approaches to Portion Guidance. Information for Health Professionals 2014