- 8 large red capsicum, halved vertically,
- seeded and membranes removed
- 60ml olive oil, or more as needed
- Freshly ground black pepper & salt
- 250g green lentils, rinsed
- 200ml water
- 7g MAGGI® Vegetable Booster
- 2 bay leaves
- 60ml olive oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- (should be about 2 cups chopped onion)
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped or minced
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 300g couscous (whole-wheat is healthier)
- 250ml vegetable water
- 8g MAGGI® Vegetable Booster
- 250g crumbled vegan feta
- 30ml olive oil
- 30ml lemon juice
- 2 tsp chopped fresh basil
- 1 tsp red chilli flakes, or to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Rub the capsicums with the olive oil and place them open side up on the baking tray, season with black pepper and salt.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- While the capsicum is roasting, place the lentils, water, MAGGI® Vegetable Booster and bay leaf in a pot.
- Bring to the boil and then let it simmer at a low heat for 23-25 min (until lentils are tender).
- If required, add extra water during cooking to keep lentils from catching.
- Drain lentils when tender.
- While the lentils cook, combine the water and MAGGI® Vegetable Booster to make a broth and bring to the boil in a small pot.
- In a separate pot, sauté the onions in olive oil until golden, about 10 minutes.
- Add the garlic and tomatoes and cook for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and pour in the couscous and hot broth.
- Cover and set aside for 5 minutes, then remove the lid and fluff the couscous with a fork.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cooked lentils and couscous.
- Add the crumbled feta, remaining olive oil, lemon juice, chopped basil and red chilli flakes.
- Stir to combine and season to taste with additional salt, ground black pepper and lemon juice, if required.
- Spoon the mix into the capsicum halves and garnish with chopped basil.
- Serve hot or cold.