- 10 portions
- 416 kcal/p.
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 leek, finely sliced
- 2 large onions, finely diced
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 celery stalks, finely diced
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 2 bay leaves
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 2 sliced chilli's or to taste
- 2 cups white wine
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp saffron threads
- 3 cans diced tomatoes
- ¼ cup CHEF® Lobster Liquid Concentrate
- 1.5L water
- 10 portions skinless diced white fish and salmon
- 20 large king prawns
- 5 cups lobster stock
- 5 cups hot water + 3 tbsp CHEF® Lobster Liquid Concentrate
- 30 cockles or 20 small mussels, cleaned
- 1 clove garlic,
- ½ roasted red capsicum, seeds removed
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest
½ cup quality mayonnaise
1-2 Tbsp CHEF® Lobster Liquid Concentrate
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- Sea salt & cracked pepper
French bread stick
2-3 Tablespoons olive oil
Fresh parsley or dill
1. Heat oil in a large saucepan and sauté leek, onion, garlic, celery and carrot for 10 minutes until fragrant and soft.
2. Add bay leaves, tomato paste, chilli and wine. Simmer for 5 minutes then add smoked paprika, saffron, tinned tomatoes, CHEF® Lobster Liquid Concentrate and water. Simmer for a further 15 minutes.
3. To cook the seafood, poach in lobster stock for 2-3 minutes until just tender, strain poaching liquid and add back to soup base. Reheat and season to taste.
4. For the lobster mayonnaise, blend garlic, capsicum and lemon until smooth. Mix in mayonnaise and lobster concentrate, season to taste with cayenne, sea salt and cracked pepper.
5. Slice French bread stick into thin strips, brush with olive oil and toast until golden.
6. To serve, ladle soup into bowls and top with poached seafood, garnish with parsley or herbs and serve with lobster mayonnaise and golden crostini.
- The lobster mayonnaise and crostini make a great base for a seafood canape too
- The seafood can also be mixed through the soup, but be careful not to reheat the seafood too much
- Try other seafoods like calamari, octopus, crab, scallops
- Add sliced finely diced chorizo for an extra flavour kick