Hot Smoked Akaroa Salmon Entree
- 6 portions
- 10 boned salmon fillet portions
- ¼ cup CHEF Fish Liquid Concentrate
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 2 tbsp Jasmine Green tea
- Wood chips
- 10 portions soba noodles
- 3 tbsp sesame oil
- 3 Spring onions, sliced on the angle
- 2 carrots, sliced into fine julienne strips
- 3-4 Bok choy, trimmed and leaves separated
- 2 cups edamame beans
- 1-2 tbps CHEF Fish Liquid Concentrate + 2 cups hot water
Black sesame seeds or seaweed
1. Marinate salmon portions in the combined CHEF Fish Liquid Concentrate, sesame oil and ginger for at least 2 hours.
2. Place wood chips in the base of a large wok or similar and sprinkle with tea leaves. Fit a wire rack just above the wood chips and arrange the salmon on the rack skin side down.
3. Cover the top of the wok tightly with a lid or foil and cook for 10-12 minutes over a medium heat until smoky and salmon has just set.
Allow to cool for 10 minutes and let the smoke settle.
4. For the noodles, simmer in boiling water for a few minutes until tender then drain. Heat the sesame oil in a large pan and sauté the spring onion, julienne carrot, bok choy leaves and edamame beans for a few minutes then toss in noodles and CHEF Fish Liquid Concentrate mixture.
5. Serve smoked salmon on noodles then spoon over pan juices and garnish with seaweed and black sesame seeds.
- The salmon could also be oven roasted or pan seared
- Substitute the soba noodles with pasta or vegetable noodles
- Add fresh chillli, lime zest and toasted sesame as extra garnishes
- Add extra fish stock to make it more like a soup or Vietnamese Pho style dish