Involved in coffee preparation for over 40 years, Tony has seen the evolution of coffee preparation from the open pot to current state
of the art delivery systems. Troubleshooting coffee issues in modern espresso making is Tony’s specialty.
He is passionate about sharing his espresso coffee making skills with every customer and particularly loves sharing his knowledge with trainee baristas.
1. Start with PREMIUM QUALITY espresso coffee beans
2. Retain the FRESHNESS of your espresso coffee beans
3. Maintain the CLEANLINESS of your espresso machine and grinder
4. Deliver clean water at the CORRECT TEMPERATURE of around 92°C
5. Ensure CORRECT GRIND for the machine
6. Maintain SPOT ON DOSING of group handles
7. TAMPING correctly
8. Keep TIMING to 25-30 seconds for a 30mL shot
TROUBLESHOOTING TIPS -
"Coffee pouring too quickly"
Grind too coarse and or group handle is
Coffee stale, coffee kept in fridge, extraction too
fast or too slow.
"Coffee tastes bitter"
Most often caused by unclean espresso
machine or rancid coffee oils inside
the group handle.